Some. Auckland Supermarkets. Many stores will be temporarily closed due to staff shortages after a possible virus exposure.
From Saturday, Auckland Countdown stores will see their trading hours change from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., to provide teams with restocking shelves.
Four Auckland stores: Lanefield, Tacapona, Lincoln RD and Botany will further reduce their hours from 8am to 6pm, with team members isolating themselves due to staff shortages.
Two countdown stores in Central Auckland at Albert St. and Halsey St. will be temporarily closed from 22 August to provide staff support at major stores across the city.
* Code 19 wants vaccination industry leaders for essential workers.
* Covid 19: Two arrested for using masks in supermarkets
* Cove 19: Auckland Malls and Playground in a list of over 140 interesting places
Kerry Hanifen, general manager of the Countdown for Corporate Affairs, Safety and Sustainability, said its Botany, Birkinhead and Glenfield stores would remain closed on Friday.
Due to the number of staff affected at the Birkenhead countdown, the store will not reopen until August 31. Botany and Glenfield will reopen as soon as the administration hires enough staff.
“We are trying our best not only to meet the demand of the customers, but also one A rapidly changing situation Depending on the places of interest.
“Obviously this is very disturbing for our teams across New Zealand.
“We are focusing on our safety procedures designed to keep our team and communities safe, and to remind clients to maintain physical distance.” Wear a mask And scanning while shopping with us, “Hanifin said.
Six countdown stores have been visited across the city. Someone who tested positive. For Cove 19
- Countdown Lincoln Road – Wednesday, August 11 at 2.56pm – 3.30pm.
- Countdown Glenfield – Saturday, August 14 at 5 pm – 5.15 pm and Sunday, August 15, 2021.
- Countdown Lane Field – Wednesday, August 4 at 2.45pm – 3.05pm and Sunday, August 15 at 8pm – 8.15pm
- Countdown Takapona – Sunday, August 15 at 3.20pm – 3.30pm.
- Countdown Birkenhead – Friday, August 13 at 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm and Monday, August 16 twice. The first visit was at 7.00 am – 7.15 pm and the second visit was at 12.30pm – 12.45pm.
- Countdown Botany Downs – Tuesday, August 17 between 10.20am and 10.30am.
Hanifin said. Deep cleaning This was done in every shop as a precaution.
He said it was in addition to a “complete clean-up” that every store passed by every day, which was further increased after a change in the recent alert level.
Westgate Pak, meanwhile, told its customers via Facebook that it would reduce trading hours until further notice due to rising demand.
“[This will] Help fill the store overnight and make sure food is available to the community. Our new business hours are from 8am to 9pm.