Konda Herath / Things.
Bullet courier driver Ashley Hansen loads her van with light supplies and groceries for distribution around Southland on Friday.
A courier co-owner says people in the South are up to the government’s demand for masks and social distance during lockouts this week.
Barry Laith saw a good example of this while picking up meat at Reverton’s Super Value supermarket on Friday.
“Every car park had masks, the staff had masks … people were doing the right thing,” Laith said.
On Friday, Prime Range Mets and Reverton Butcher joined other businesses using the Ballet Courier’s Contactless service, which is managed by Laith and partner Sally Betty.
* Southland’s business is growing in different directions throughout the province.
* Corona Virus: How Covid 19 Affects the Automotive World
* Even a week after the opening of the Coved 19 lockdown, the plastic-free business is booming.
* Adopting change brings rewards to the Reverton business.
* The courier run begins to deliver groceries in western Southland.
* The president of Reverton Racing Club faces self-isolation and race meetings without the public.
Vegetables and fish were also delivered on Friday.
“People have come back wanting to go out. [in lockdowns] And being equipped with contacts. [services]”Leith said.
He knocked on doors, to tell people that their luggage had arrived, and then left. As he walked, he sometimes saw people wearing masks to open the door to pick up their belongings.
The built-in courier vehicles used during the lockdown are cleaned daily inside and out, Betty said.
Laith and Betty started their business during the lockdown in 2020 because they saw the need to deliver food to people in rural West Southland during that time.
Business has grown in a variety of ways, including the addition of trucks to the fleet and its regular operation from Reverton Base to Winton and Anwar Kargil.
The couple started with a van but bought another within two weeks. The fleet has grown to five vehicles.
“I think people are very careful. [in this lockdown] Compared to last time, “Laith said.
“Every night the news of the quaid comes and people are paying attention.”